Unit Advancement Resources:
- Unit Advancement Responsibilities
- Unit Advancement Coordinator/Chair
- How to Assign a Unit Advancement Coordinator/Chair Functional Role
- Unit Advancement Records Retention
- BSA Guide to Advancement
- Advancement News
- BSA Adult Application
- Youth Protection Training
Scoutbook is the BSA web portal that makes tracking advancement easier and faster. Scoutbook links individual Scout advancement records directly to the BSA National advancement database. This means more time for leaders and Scouts to enjoy those life-changing experiences they can only get from Scouting. The Glacier’s Edge Council strongly encourages all our units to utilize this powerful tool. Scoutbook strengthens every unit scouting program by enhancing leadership efficiency for tracking and recording advancements and facilitating other unit operations.
Reporting Service Hours
Internet Advancement 2.0
Internet Advancement 2.0 (IA2) is for units not using Scoutbook to report awards (including merit badges) and advancement to the Council.
- my.scouting.org = Menu > BSA Web Links > Internet Advancement
- Internet Advancement 2.0 Resources
Purchasing Advancement Awards
Reports from Scoutbook or IA2 are required to purchase advancement-related awards.
In accordance with National Council recommendations, Glacier’s Edge Council Scout Shop does not accept handwritten advancement reports or advancement reports generated by 3rd party software.