National Jamboree is Scouting’s flagship event. It is a one-of-a-kind gathering of approximately 40,000 Scouts, leaders, and staff that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members. Held every four years, the Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for participants, volunteers, and visitors to experience the best of Scouting, all in one place. Features include one of the longest zip line courses in North America, a world-class skate park, ATV offerings, treetop canopy tours, rock climbing, patch trading, stadium shows, and much more! It is held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve on over 40,000 acres in the New River Gorge, the permanent home of the National Scout Jamboree and BSA’s fourth High Adventure base.
A couple of key points are: The Glacier’s Edge Council will be forming a contingent to go to the National Jamboree. The total cost of participation will be $2,400.
All participants will need to register with the National Jamboree in addition to the Glacier’s Edge council. You will pay all fees through the Glacier’s Edge Council at this link: GEC Jamboree Contingent
Register today! There are still youth spots available. Reach out to Oliver Dupree at Oliver.Dupree@Scouting.org if you have any questions about registering.
Requirements for Youth:
- MUST have a current BSA membership.
- MUST be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree but has not reached their 21st birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
- Be approved by the local council.
- MUST have appropriate parent/guardian to complete the online parental consent. (An email will be sent to the parent/guardian of any applicant currently 17 years of age or younger during the application process.)
- Participate in pre-Jamboree training experience with local council and unit leader.
- Submitted BSA Annual Health & Medical Record using the on-line Jamboree submission process. The AHMR must be dated on or after July 1, 2022.
- Submit all registrations fees per the local council’s payment schedule.