Internet Rechartering is a web-based method for units to renew their charters from any online location – at home or at the office. It’s easy, convenient, and accurate because you enter the information yourself!
Here’s how it works:
- The unit receives its charter renewal packet from their unit commissioner. The packet includes information for Internet Rechartering, including an access code especially for the unit.
- The unit selects an adult leader to complete the online process. This renewal processor uses the access code to log onto the Internet Rechartering Web site, selecting to start the process with current ScoutNET data or data from unit-management software. At any time, the renewal processor can suspend the electronic rechartering process and return later to the last completed screen. The system lets you enter new members, renew current members, and update information for any registrant.
- When completed, the new unit roster is submitted to ScoutNET and a Unit Charter Renewal Report Package is printed. This package includes the unit charter application.
- Acquire the signatures for the application and send it, the rest of the package, any new youth and adult applications, and all fees to the Council.
All BSA policies are enforced throughout the system, so what you enter is sure to meet all requirements.
Ready to get started?
- View the Unit Tutorial Presentation
- Rechartering Help
- If you have any questions or comments, contact the Council Registrar Cindy Leatherman and she will be glad to help you out.