Use the Internet Advancement tools from the Boy Scouts of America to assist with keeping track of your unit’s advancement. Internet Advancement allows you to enter youth advancements, awards, and merit badges and perform the following actions:
- Select members from your existing roster,
- Review, update, or add ranks, merit badges, and/or awards,
- Access an online Review Unit Roster feature and the Unit Advancement Summary,
- Print an Advancement Report with a Unit Awards Summary to assist in purchasing.
Before beginning Internet Advancement, collect all member information, including advancement records, award records, and merit badge applications with the appropriate signatures. To complete Internet Advancement, you must be connected to a printer to print the final report.
Once all advancements have been entered, you can submit the advancement report to the council.
To submit the advancement report.
1. Click Submit Report.
2. Click Print the Advancement Report. The advancement report will appear in a separate window as a PDF file. You must have Acrobat Reader in order to view the file. You must print the report before you log out.
3. Obtain the appropriate signatures, and deliver the signed advancement report package to the council.
Warning: Once you submit to council, you cannot make changes through Internet Advancement.