With thousands of links, articles, and events, www.crventuring.org is the place for you to find every resource you need to start or grow a crew or VOA. If you haven’t checked out the site before (or even recently), join the 100,000+ visitors who come to crventuring.org every year to find helpful tips, news, and lessons learned that make the Venturing program more successful. If you have an idea for additional content on our crventuring.org,
please send your suggestions to www.communications_coordinator (at) crventuring.org.
One of the first rules about “Venturing-speak” is that the name of the program is Venturing (not Venture Scouting).
• Therefore, a crew is a Venturing crew, not a Venture crew of a Venture Scout crew.
• A youth is called a Venturer, not a Venture Scout.
• Advisors and other leaders are Venturing Advisors, not Venture leaders or Venture Scout leaders.
• Venturing leaders take Venturing training, not Venture training or Venturer training.
Where to Go Venturing
Does your crew go to the same place every time that you go camping? Want to find some neat places that are close or even across the country? Then check out the Where to Go Venturing database at http://www. crventuring.org/Other/Where_To_Go_Venturing
This resource has 4000 high adventure locations and lots of different search criteria that will help you find the perfect place for your crew’s next adventure.
Have you been in that situation where you just need one more requirement to finish and elective or even to finish your Ranger?
Where can I get a 3-D cave map? What is a Swiss seat?
Well, there is a place that can help. On the Central Region Venturing Web site, there is a section that is titled Ranger Resources. This page has each Core and Elective requirement that you can do for your Ranger Award. By clicking on one of these requirements, it takes you to a new screen. On each of these screens, it has everything broken down to make it easier to find and will help you with what you are looking for.
For help on all your requirements, just follow this link:
You may sign up for the many Yahoo Groups and Discussion Lists dedicated to Venturing and Sea Scouting.
Information on these groups can be found by searching Yahoo Groups for Venturing, clicking on “Discussion Groups” at www.seascout.org, or by clicking on the links below.
• Venturing Yahoo Group: This group shares information with Venturers and Advisors from across the nation: Link
• Central Region Venturing Yahoo Group: This group is used to share resources and ideas, and to ask questions about Venturing in the Central Region: Link
• Sea Scouting Discussion List: This group shares information with Sea Scouts and Sea Scout leaders across the nation: Link
• Central Region Sea Scouting Discussion List: This group is used to share resources and ideas, and to ask questions about Sea Scouting in the Central Region: Link
• Facebook Discussion Lists:
Central Region Venturing:
Central Region – Area 7 Venturing:
Glacier’s Edge Venturing: Link
Venturing Events and Links
More information on all of the events and links to the Area 7 councils can be found on www.crventuring.org
Submit your events to the calendar to this address: www.crventuring.org/event_submission.php
Venturing Joining Requirements
The minimum age requirements to join Venturing are 14 years of age or 13 years of age and completion of the eighth grade. The maximum age for participation remains under 21 years of age.
Glacier’s Edge Venturing News:
- June 2017 Venturing Newsletter VOA Officers President – Rebecca Stone Vice President – Administration – Vice President – Program – Vice-President – Communication – Venturing Advisor’s message On May 14th, there was a combination VOA meeting and fun activity which was miniature golfing. All Ventures that attended had a great time. We hope more Ventures will be able to participate in future. Please review activities ...
- December 2016 Venturing Newsletter VOA Officers President – Anthony Malisch Vice President – Administration – Trevor Ciebell Vice President – Program – Justin Ciebell Vice-President – Communication – Rebecca Stone Venturing Advisor’s message Ventures attending Freaky Fall Frenzy had a blast and the Ventures and adults that attended the Venture classes learned how to be better leaders. Upcoming activities include Venture Glow Bowling on Jan. ...
- Rock River Regatta 2016 The Southern Lakes District is pleased to announce the first annual Rock River Regatta! We invite all Boy Scouts, Venturers, and Adults who enjoy paddling to participate in the race of a lifetime. Canoe or kayak your way down the Rock River to fame and glory! There will be refreshments and lunch served at the ...
- March 2016 Venturing Newsletter News and upcoming events for Venture peoples! Mar 2016 Venturing Newsletter
- December 2015 Venturing Newsletter Full newsletter Dec 2015 Venturing Newsletter Upcoming Activities in the Area January 16 – Snowstorm Kinnikinnick Middle School, Roscoe, IL One-day competition, including snow shoeing, tug-of-war, orienteering, drilling, first aid, obstacle course, snow sculpting, knots, sled pull, etc., plus dinner and a dance. Optional overnight on Saturday. Cost youth $17 and adult $7 before Dec. 25th. Registration open until Jan. 15th. ...
- Venture Newsletter September 2015 Upcoming activities are Nov. 6-8 – Shooting for the Stars at EBSR and youth and adult training at the Pow-Wow on Nov. 14. Read more Sept 2015 Venturing Newsletter
- Sept 2014 Venturing Newsletter Sept 2014 Venturing Newsletter
- Venturing Newsletter June 2014 Glacier’s Edge Venturing June 2014 Newsletter VOA Officers President – Rebecca Zabel Vice President – Administration – Kim Thompson Vice President – Program – Spencer Beck Rebecca Zabel – Council President I am Rebecca Zabel, the new VOA President. I have been living in Janesville, WI for a little over a year now. I moved from Cleveland, Ohio, before coming ...
- April 2014 Venturing Newsletter Apr 2014 Venturing Newsletter Venturing Advisor’s message I am putting together a newsletter with activities that are in the area that are geared towards Venturers or that Venturers may be interested in participating in. If you hear of any activities that other Ventures may be interested in attending, please let me know. Crews that attended the Lock-In at ...
- Glacier’s Edge Venturing Jan 2014 Newsletter Venturing Advisor’s message I am putting together a newsletter with activities that are in the area that are geared towards Venturers or that Venturers may be interested in participating in. If you hear of any activities that other Ventures may be interested in attending, please let me know. Crews that attended the GloBowling in December in Janesville ...
- Venturing Newsletter November 2013 Upcoming fun activity is GloBowling on Dec. 13th at 9pm at RiversEdge Bowl in Janesville. Cost is $10 which includes shoe rental and 3 hours of bowling. Ventures have a great time bowling. Please let me know by Dec. 9th if you are planning on attending so I can reserve the correct number of lanes.Council ...
- Venturing Newsletter September 2013 Information on upcoming events, recent Venture activities, and more! Sept 2013 Venturing Newsletter
- What Is Venturing? Venturing is a youth development program of the Boy Scouts of America for young men and women who are 14 (or have completed the eighth grade) through 20 years of age. Venturing’s purpose is to provide positive experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults. Venturing is based on ...
- Venturing For Scoutmasters Video
- Need Venturing Resources? If you are looking for tools to beef up your Venturing program or just a place to get started, check out the Central Region Venturing website. Here you will find Venturing News updates, activities, and places to go. Learn about the youth officers at the area and regional levels and oportunities available to you through ...