You may pre-weigh your car and make final adjustments, at gasoline alley. When you are satisfied with your car, bring it to the inspection and Check-in table. Once your car is Checked-in, it cannot be modified and will not be returned to you until after all races are complete.
Inspection and Check-in: 1
All Cub Scouts will race their car 4 times (once in each lane)
Awards: will be awarded to top overall finishers in their division
Open Race Following
This is open to All NEW Cub Scouts & Parents/Open .
Each scout will bring their car to the inspection table to have it inspected, weighed, and numbered. Adjustments can be made prior to the registration deadline.
- Width shall not exceed 2 3/4 inches.
- Length shall not exceed 7 inches
- Weight shall not exceed 5.0 ounces.
- Bottom clearance between car and track is 3/8 inches
- Axles, wheels, and body shall be from the materials provided in the kit: Colored wheels from the BSA scout shop are also approved
- Wheel bearings, washers, and brushings are prohibited.
- No lubricating oil may be used, graphite is allowed
- The car shall not ride on any kind of spring.
- The car must be freewheeling with not starting devices.
- No loose materials of any kind are allowed on the car
- All four wheels must touch the track
Awards will be awarded to top finishers
Questions or would like to volunteer? Contact